Real Madrid CF

Ex-La Liga official claims '90%' of referees favour Real Madrid over Barcelona

A former La Liga referee has claimed 90% of match officials in the division favour Real Madrid, while the other 10 per cent support Barcelona. Eduardo Iturralde Gonzalez was a top flight referee in Spain until retiring in 2012, and officiated more than 300 matches during his career. He suggests that due to many people in the country growing up as Madrid fans, that is mirrored in the number of

De Gea's damaging rift with Van Gaal that almost ended Man Utd career

David de Gea came close to leaving Manchester United because of a rift with Louis van Gaal, according to the club's former goalkeeping coach Eric Steele. The Spanish goalkeeper seemed destined to walk out on United at the end of Van Gaal's first season in 2015, with a move to Real Madrid seemingly all lined up and sealed. However, a fax machine failure ensured that De Gea's move didn't beat

Jose Mourinho admits Champions League loss reduced him to tears

Jose Mourinho admits he cried after Real Madrid's Champions League dream was ended by Bayern Munich in 2012. It was the Special One's second attempt at delivering the much craved La Decima to the Bernabeu. But the German giants dumped Los Blancos out of Europe in the semi-finals with Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos all missing from 12 yards in a penalty shootout. Madrid had claimed the La Liga

Liverpool 'face Timo Werner transfer competition' from Real Madrid

Liverpool could be braced for a transfer battle with Real Madrid over Timo Werner. The German striker looks set to leave current club Red Bull Leipzig this summer, and has been talking up a potential switch to Anfield. Jurgen Klopp is a keen admirer of Werner's talents, with speculation linking Liverpool to a bid for his services. However what was previously a seemingly clear run to land Werner could now