Zinedine Zidane’s new stance on taking Man Utd job as Antonio Conte ‘says yes’

Liverpool's record 5-0 win at Man Utd: Solskjaer at 'rock bottom'

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Manchester United already know what Zinedine Zidane’s answer will be if they make the call for him to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, according to reports. The Red Devils are at a crossroads in their development under the Norwegian head coach.

Heading into the new season, there was growing optimism on what could be achieved after the signings of Jadon Sancho, Raphael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo.

And it was a strong start to the campaign as United went on to win four of their opening five league matches.

However, results have taken a turn for the worse since the end of September with United picking up just one point from their last four Premier League games.

Things came to a head in Sunday’s clash against Liverpool with United on the wrong end of a 5-0 hammering by their bitter rivals.

JUST IN: Bailly ‘openly challenged’ Solskjaer as Man Utd dressing room revolt

There was a toxic atmosphere inside Old Trafford with fans leaving Old Trafford in their droves at half-time.

Boos rang out from those left inside the stadium as Solskjaer and the players trudged off the pitch.

The United boss made it clear after the match that despite the result being his “darkest day”, he still felt confident of leading the club out of their current rut.

However, reports on Monday indicate that Solskjaer’s position is precarious at best with Antonio Conte supposedly ‘saying yes’ to the job after initial talks.

DON’T MISS

Zidane is also an option United could look at with the Frenchman one of a few managers currently available.

But ESPN report that Zidane will immediately turn down any approach from the Red Devils as he has ‘no interest’ in managing the club.

It seems as though the 49-year-old doesn’t believe in the project at United as he’s ‘waiting for the right opportunity’.

All signs now point to Conte potentially taking over from Solskjaer with some reports indicating that could happen as early as this week before United face off against Tottenham.

If Solskjaer does stay in charge, he has the issue of trying to win over the changing room.

According to The Telegraph, Eric Bailly is one of a number of senior players who have questioned Solskjaer in recent weeks.

The defender was a surprise omission from the starting line-up against Leicester earlier this month, with Harry Maguire given the nod despite not being fully fit.

Bailly is said to have ‘openly challenged’ the Norwegian head coach after the match while others have questioned why the likes of Jesse Lingard, Donny van de Beek and Nemanja Matic have been frozen out.

Source: Read Full Article