Erling Haaland: All you need to know about Norwegian star
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is relaxed despite the club’s lack of new summer signings so far, according to reports. The Blues have yet to welcome any major arrivals, bringing in Marcus Bettinelli on a free but only for the shot-stopper to serve as a third-placed goalkeeper.
Bettinelli is a direct replacement for Willy Caballero who left in June and the England under-21 international comes in on a free after his contract with Fulham ran out.
But all of Chelsea’s other business has been outgoing with Billy Gilmour going out on loan and the likes of Caballero, Fikayo Tomori, Victor Moses, Olivier Giroud, Izzy Brown, Danilo Pantic, Jamal Blackman and Marco van Ginkel all departing permanently.
Tuchel would like a new frontman to add to his other options with Erling Haaland of Borussia Dortmund having been thought of as the top target.
The Bundesliga giants are reluctant to lose the Norwegian however having already sold Jadon Sancho to Chelsea’s title rivals Manchester United this summer.
DON’T MISS: Man Utd’s ‘maximum price’ for Haaland transfer as Chelsea eye deal
But it’s claimed by the Telegraph that Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku is now Chelsea’s main option up top.
A a deal for the Belgian will be equally as difficult to pull off as signing Haaland, who Dortmund will refuse to let leave for any less than £150m this summer.
Fabrizio Romano claimed on Monday night that an £85m bid that also included Marcos Alonso in part-exchange was rejected by Inter for Lukaku because they see the player as unsellable.
And the Telegraph adds that while it has been a quiet window so far for Chelsea, Tuchel remains relaxed about the club’s limited summer activity.
Do you want an exclusive pre-season preview for YOUR club – both in your inbox and through your letterbox? Head over here to find out more and secure your copy.
It’s said the Chelsea boss has not used last year’s Champions League triumph as an effort to demand the board do more business and has waited patiently in the background.
The Londoners are however stepping up their interest in Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde and the Telegraph add that they are ready to submit a first official bid if another defender leaves.
Kurt Zouma is one such player who could depart with West Ham admirers of the Frenchman. Talks are believed to have been had between the two clubs but Fiorentina’s Nikola Milenkovic could be a cheaper option for the Hammers.
It could meanwhile cost as much as £68m to take Zouma’s compatriot Kounde from Sevilla due to a release clause in the 22-year-old’s contract.
MORE CHELSEA TRANSFER NEWS…
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel preparing clear-out including Hudson-Odoi
Giroud urges Ziyech to quit Chelsea for AC Milan transfer
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel discusses Kurt Zouma’s future
Tuchel said of Zouma at the weekend after the defender played against Arsenal in a pre-season friendly: “Kurt comes from a very different situation.
“Kurt was part of the team for half a year, I know him exactly, what I can demand from him, what he can give to the team. He was part of a very successful half a season.
“He was a very lively part of it, maybe not in minutes but I want to remember he was a crucial member of the team that won 2-0 against Atletico, for example.
“So when he was needed, and he had some tough decisions against him, but when he delivered. So the situation isn’t comparable to Ruben [Loftus-Cheek].
“Ruben needs to show now everything in some weeks if that’s possible. For Kurt, it’s different as I know what he can deliver. It was his first 45 minutes of the season and from now on, we go.”
Source: Read Full Article