Rival fans adamant Conte will waste Tottenham’s January budget on Victor Moses

Tottenham are drawing up ambitious transfer plans after hiring Antonio Conte as their new head coach – but rival fans are convinced Victor Moses will be the first one through the door.

Conte was appointed by Spurs on Tuesday following the sacking of Nuno Espirito Santo, who paid the price for losing five of his first 10 Premier League matches.

They have now got their hands on one of the best coaches in world football, with the Italian guiding Chelsea to Premier League and FA Cup glory in his previous stint in England, while also winning four Serie A titles in spells with Juventus and Inter Milan.

Thus, Daniel Levy would have likely had to provide him with guarantees that Spurs will splash the cash in the next January and summer transfer windows.

And Daily Star Sport understands that Fiorentina forward Dusan Vlahovic and Inter Milan defenders Milan Skriniar and Stefan de Vrij are at the top of Conte's wish-list.

However, rival fans have taken to Twitter to joke that Spurs are now destined to sign Spartak Moscow ace Moses, whom Conte brought to Inter last year after enjoying success together at Chelsea.

Do you think Antonio Conte will win a trophy with Spurs this season? Let us know in the comments section below.

  • Antonio Conte 'slept at Tottenham training ground' before being confirmed as manager

One wrote: "Victor Moses is definitely coming back to the EPL with Spurs."

Another posted a meme of a man holding three phones and put: "Conte calling Victor Moses to update him about their next gig…"

A third said: "Victor Moses is packing his bags right now".

While one shared a photo of Conte on the phone and pretended to narrate his words: "Victor Moses it’s me Tonio. Get the band back together and come to London, we got a new gig. Text Fabregas and Vidal to come too."

Conte was delighted to put pen to paper on an 18-month deal with Spurs after failing to reach an agreement with the club over the summer.

“I am extremely happy to return to coaching, and to do so at a Premier League club that has the ambition to be a protagonist again," he said after becoming their new head coach.

“Tottenham Hotspur has state-of-the-art facilities and one of the best stadiums in the world.

Don't miss a thing with our football updates!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

“I can't wait to start working to convey to the team and the fans the passion, mentality and determination that have always distinguished me, as a player and as a coach.

“Last summer our union did not happen because the end of my relationship with Inter was still too recent and emotionally too involved with the end of the season, so I felt that it wasn’t yet the right time to return to coaching.

“But the contagious enthusiasm and determination of Daniel Levy in wanting to entrust me with this task had already hit the mark. Now that the opportunity has returned, I have chosen to take it with great conviction.”

Source: Read Full Article