Mario Balotelli set to finally return to Brescia despite having been TURNED AWAY from club’s training ground amid public spat with owner Massimo Cellino… who is threatening to sue striker and his agent Mino Raiola due to row over coronavirus testing!
- Mario Balotelli is set to finally return to Brescia after a public spat with the club
- The Italian striker, 29, was filmed being turned away from training last week
- Mino Raiola had claimed the club had not tested his client for coronavirus
- Brescia say they will take legal action, describing the claims as ‘slanderous’
- Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
Mario Balotelli is on the verge of rejoining his Brescia team-mates to finish the Serie A season, according to reports in Italy.
The charismatic striker is currently in the midst of a very public war of words with the Italian club, with Brescia’s hierarchy taking legal action against the 29-year-old and his outspoken agent Mino Raiola.
Raiola had angered the owner Massimo Cellino after claiming his client’s club had discriminated against him by not testing him for coronavirus, which Balotelli confirmed to be true. Brescia have hit back by claiming that the accusations are slanderous and false.
Mario Balotelli is set to return to Brescia training after a very public spat with the club
The Italian was turned away from training earlier this month for not having his medical papers
A statement from the club read: ‘It is important to underline that, apparently, this extended inspection will happen following the false and slanderous accusations of irresponsible people, published this morning in the media.
‘On this specific issue, we have instructed our lawyers to take action against those who made these false accusations.
‘Brescia wish to clarify that we respected the medical protocol to the letter and even privately hired a full-time specialist (at real expense) to deal with any possible health emergencies linked to COVID-19.
Brescia are taking legal action against his agent Mino Raiola (pictured) after he made claims that Balotelli has been discriminated against
‘Being accused of not respecting the rules, by one of our players no less, is shameful slander and those who said it will pay (both in economic and image terms) in the opportune venues, so we can protect the work and sacrifices of this club.
‘Unfortunately, as we all know, the irresponsible behaviour of an individual can create serious risks for everyone involved, so we’ll be forced to enact even more rigid measures to protect the club and its representatives.’
Balotelli was turned away from training last week because his medical certificate was invalid. The forward was filmed arriving at training before being advised to leave by a club official.
Players across Serie A – which restarted on Saturday – have been told to present valid medical documents on arrival at training grounds and stadiums.
Italian reports suggest he will undergo coronavirus testing this week and should the tests return negative, he will be allowed to rejoin training and help Brescia finish the season
And according to Gazzetto della Sport, Balotelli is on the verge of returning to training and will undergo coronavirus testing today as a big first step towards completing the season with Brescia.
The Italian outlet says that Balotelli will take a second test on Friday, and should both tests return with negative results, he will be given the green light to return to action.
The latest news indicates the strongest chance of the player and club healing the divide and a return to the pitch is seen by all sides as the best way to move forward, but the newspaper claims the public row is not over yet.
The former Manchester City and Liverpool striker will have to watch from home as his side travel to Fiorentina tonight in their first game back since the suspension of football in Italy.
Balotelli has scored five goals in 19 outings for Brescia this season.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article