Liverpool have reportedly decided to put all transfer activity on hold following the continued spread of the coronavirus. The Reds were already beginning to plan ahead of a busy summer, but now they are facing major disruption in the wake of the virus.
Timo Werner remains firmly on the agenda, with the RB Leipzig striker the club’s top target this summer.
He has a release clause in the region of £50million that needs to be activated by June 15 before the Reds risk inflation.
However the coronavirus leaves a lot to be desired, with many fearing that the transfer market could take some time to recover following the pandemic.
According to Bleacher Report, Liverpool are operating with caution and have allegedly halted all transfer business in the meantime.
JUST IN: Liverpool are about to do something unorthodox in Timo Werner transfer chase
It was believed that the Reds were already beginning to make their move for Werner, registering their interest in the player.
Liverpool will now wait until COVID-19 shows signs of dying out before making any further decisions on transfers.
Werner still very much remains their top priority, but there are fears the value of players could decrease with clubs unable to spend excessively after feeling the financial impact of life without football.
RB Leipzig sporting director Markus Krosche is adamant that the market could be a very different place once football recovers.
Liverpool could win title behind closed doors in radical new Premier League proposal
Timo Werner would have shirt number preference if Liverpool transfer sealed
Liverpool could land £91m wonderkid on free transfer in Barcelona hijack plan
For that reason, he believes there’s a good chance Werner stays at the club beyond the summer.
“It is clear that Timo has attracted interest from other clubs for his great performances with his goals and assists,” he told Sport1.
“England has the same problems as we do. The crisis affects not just one league, it has a global impact, and we cannot say whether things will be the same in six months.
“Everything is possible. We do not know how the transfer market is developing. We are looking into a very foggy glass ball.
“We do not know what our resources are and what the other clubs have in terms of opportunities.”
Krosche stated last month that Leipzig are well placed to keep the German international and there is confidence he will still be playing his football at the Red Bull Arena come the start of next season.
“There aren’t many things that favour him [Werner] leaving us,” he said.
Source: Read Full Article