Guillem Balague ‘doesn’t see’ how Timo Werner to Liverpool transfer can happen

Guillem Balague has claimed that he doesn’t see how Timo Werner’s proposed transfer to Liverpool can happen this summer. The RB Leipzig frontman is reportedly the subject of strong interest from the Reds ahead of the summer transfer window.

Yet despite weeks of speculation, there has been noise in the past few days to suggest that Liverpool interest may not be as strong as suggested.

Liverpool are in need of extra firepower at the end of the season and Jurgen Klopp will look to bolster his firing line.

He is set to lose both Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah next January due to the Africa Cup of Nations and could be with the pair for up to a month.

Werner is said to be the man who could make the attacking trio of Mane, Salah and Roberto Firmino a ‘Fab Four’ once again.

JUST IN: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp could be about to sign his very own Luis Suarez

READ MORE

  • Klopp’s private message to Fernandes proves he forecasted upswing

But according to Balague, optimism that the deal is goer is slightly naive.

“What I was told before the pandemic was that Liverpool were monitoring the likes of Timo Werner and he’d adapt to Liverpool very well,” he told his YouTube channel.

“But he wasn’t someone they made an offer. That’s where I left it.

“It was the beginning of March when I heard about it and there was no offer.

DON’T MISS THE LATEST LIVERPOOL NEWS

Liverpool transfer chief Michael Edwards plotting £88m double deal which affects Man Utd

Timo Werner would have shirt number preference if Liverpool transfer sealed

Liverpool are about to do something unorthodox in Timo Werner transfer chase

Liverpool chief Michael Edwards already signed Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino replacement

“I just don’t see how this [Werner to Anfield] can happen.”

Werner has a release clause of £52million which is due to expire on June 15.

Juventus and Inter Milan are believed to also be in the hunt.

Liverpool have suspended all transfer activity amid the coronavirus crisis and the Anfield hierarchy will revisit plans when normality resumes.

Sky Sports reporter Vinny O’Connor claimed last week that a deal for Werner will not be happening.

“From what we have been hearing, even going back to the January transfer window, this one is very unlikely,” he said in a Liverpool Q&A on Sky Sports.

“During the last window I was told Liverpool had no plans to sign him then and no plans to sign him in the summer and recently that message was repeated with regards to when the next window opens.

“There has always been the caveat that Liverpool would be silly not to keep tabs on one of European football’s hottest properties.

“Judging by the talk from Werner himself, it’s a move he clearly fancies.

“The noises coming out of Anfield are that this one is not going to happen.”

Source: Read Full Article