Phil Foden misses out on England’s biggest match for 55 years with a foot injury keeping the midfielder out of the Euro 2020 final against Italy after the 20-year-old missed training on Saturday
- Phil Foden impressed against Denmark – but he will play no part against Italy
- The 20-year-old missed training with a foot injury and has not recovered in time
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin takes Foden’s place in the squad for the Euro 2020 final
- Gareth Southgate makes one change as Kieran Trippier replaces Bukayo Saka
- Find out the latest Euro 2020 news including fixtures, live action and results here
Phil Foden is absent from the Euro 2020 final squad against Italy.
The England midfielder missed training on Saturday with a foot injury and has not made the cut.
Foden impressed against Denmark after coming on for Mason Mount in extra time, but the 20-year-old will have to watch on from the sidelines as Gareth Southgate’s men bid to end 55 years of hurt and win the country’s first-ever European Championships.
Phil Foden came on in extra time against Denmark – but will play no part against Italy
The 20-year-old has a foot injury and will watch on as England bid to make history at Wembley
Dominic Calvert-Lewin takes Foden’s place in the squad after missing out in the semi-final
Kieran Trippier comes in for Bukayo Saka for what is Gareth Southgate’s only alteration
Dominic Calvert-Lewin takes Foden’s place in the squad having been left out of the semi-final squad.
Southgate has made one change for Sunday’s momentous encounter, bringing in Kieran Trippier for Bukayo Saka as the former Middlesbrough boss reverts to a back three.
Here’s the starting XI: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire; Trippier, Phillips, Rice, Shaw; Mount, Sterling; Kane.
Here are the substitutes: Grealish, Henderson, Rashford, Ramsdale, Mings, Coady, Sancho, Calvert-Lewin, Johnstone, James, Saka, Bellingham.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article