Romelu Lukaku remains committed to Chelsea following clear-the-air talks with the club and will not be leaving Stamford Bridge in 2022.
An explosive interview with Sky Italia rocked the club last week with Lukaku revealing he is unhappy with his current situation and would like to return to former side Inter Milan.
The Belgium international was left out of the Chelsea squad for Sunday’s Premier League clash with Liverpool as a result, with Thomas Tuchel later confirming the club would sit down with the striker on Monday.
Following that meeting, Sky Sports report that there is ‘zero chance’ of Lukaku leaving Chelsea in January or in the summer transfer window.
There is also a ‘commitment from all parties’ for Lukaku to let ‘his football do the talking’.
Lukaku has also recognised it was a mistake do the interview and there is said to be no truth to reports in Italy claiming the 28-year-old is interested in linking up with former Inter boss Antonio Conte at Tottenham.
The Lukaku interview, which was recorded three weeks ago, has seen the striker widely criticised with Alan Shearer among those to back Tuchel’s decision to drop the player.
‘I think he [Tuchel] has probably done the right thing,’ Shearer told Match of the Day.
‘We don’t know what has been said behind closed doors, whether Romelu has spoken to the manager. If so, what has he said? Has he refused to apologise? Has he admitted what’s come out and it’s been taken out of context? Has he spoken to his team-mates?
‘Managing a football club is difficult enough. It’s even harder in the current circumstances as a manager doesn’t know what’s happening from day to day because of Covid-19. He doesn’t know what players he’s got.
‘To have that on top of that, another problem the manager has to deal with, he’s put his manager and his team-mates in a very, very difficult position which they didn’t need.’
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Follow Metro Sport for the latest news onFacebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Source: Read Full Article