Barcelona news LIVE: Neymar approves £166m summer transfer to partner Lionel Messi

Barcelona news LIVE updates and transfer gossip from the Nou Camp

Saturday, March 21

  • Barcelona are keeping tabs on Toulouse star Ibrahim Sangare
  • Neymar has given the thumbs up to re-joining Barcelona in a deal worth £166m
  • Boubakary Soumare has three heavyweights looking to secure his signature
  • The Spanish champions ‘made a move’ to sign Sangare last season

David Alaba offered

Chelsea will have to fight off La Liga giants Barcelona and Real Madrid in their pursuit of long-term transfer target David Alaba.

The Blues are on the hunt for a new left-back but will have a hard task signing up the Bayern Munich ace due to new interest from Spain, according to reports.

Chelsea had been favourites to snap up the Austrian in January, but Barcelona and Real Madrid have reportedly now joined the race for the 27-year-old’s signature.

SportBILD claim La Liga’s top two pose a serious threat to the Blues’ transfer plans and would have no qualms about splashing out £60million on the experienced defender.

Ibrahim Sangare to Barcelona

Barcelona are keeping tabs on Toulouse star Ibrahim Sangare.

That’s according to Spanish publication Sport, who claim the Catalan giants have been closely monitoring his progress in Ligue 1.

Sangare, a defensive midfielder, has impressed throughout the campaign despite Toulouse being rock-bottom of the table with only three wins all season.

Sport claim Barcelona technical secretary Eric Abidal watched him in the flesh and was impressed by his technical ability and physicality.

It’s thought the Spanish champions ‘made a move’ to sign Sangare last season and requested first refusal on the Ivory Coast international.

READ MORE

  • Man Utd target Inter Milan transfer, Neymar green-lights Barcelona bid

Neymar approves

Neymar has given the thumbs up to re-joining Barcelona.

The Brazilian superstar scored 105 goals in 186 appearances during his four-season spell at the Nou Camp before leaving in a world-record deal to Paris Saint-Germain in 2017.

The Spanish champions failed with several attempts to re-sign the 28-year-old last summer but that hasn’t deterred them.

Spanish outlet Sport claim Neymar has told Barcelona representatives that he wants to return this summer and will pile the pressure on PSG executives to let him leave.

It’s believed £166million, to be paid in cash, would be enough for PSG to green-light his departure and he would become the second highest paid player in the squad behind Lionel Messi.

READ MORE

  • Liverpool boss Klopp plots £74m transfer to finally replace Coutinho

Wanted: Boubakary Soumare

Boubakary Soumare has three European heavyweights looking to secure his signature.

The 21-year-old has enjoyed a meteoric rise to prominence for Lille in the last 18 months with Barcelona, Liverpool and Real Madrid credited with interest.

Premier League Newcastle were close to breaking their record transfer fee on Soumare in January, but the midfielder opted to stay with Lille.

Now, Spanish publication Sport claim the France Under-21 international is back on the radar of top clubs with Liverpool having held talks with his representatives.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Liverpool

Liverpool have been backed to sign Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang by Gunners hero Paul Merson.

The Arsenal forward could leave the Emirates this summer if the Gunners choose to cash in on the Gabon international with Manchester United and Barcelona known to be interested.

Despite interest from both clubs, Sky Sports pundit Merson reckons Aubameyang would fit in perfectly at Liverpool.

“Everyone knows about Aubameyang’s contract situation but there aren’t too many clubs in England looking to fill that position,” he told Sky Sports. “I think if you were Liverpool you would have a look and Jurgen Klopp knows him very well from their time together at Borussia Dortmund, but it does worry me that Klopp hasn’t gone in for him. He would surely know him better than anyone.

“Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino work really well together as a three, but you do need someone who can bang in 25 goals without a fuss.”

Read the full article here.

The striker shortlist

Manchester United drew up a list of potential striker candidates in January.

According to the Evening Standard, United’s recruitment department had FIVE targets on their shortlist to bolster Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s attacking options.

At the top of that list was Erling Haaland, who shattered supporters’ hopes when opting for Borussia Dortmund instead.

Other names on the list included Lyon’s Moussa Dembele, Germany international Timo Werner, Tottenham talisman Harry Kane and Wolves centre-forward Raul Jimenez.

Source: Read Full Article