The NRL is investigating another COVID-19 bubble breach at Brisbane.
Up to 10 Broncos players have been the subject of an NRL investigation after being spotted at a Brisbane pub late last month.
The Broncos have been involved in another alleged breach of the NRL’s biosecurity rules.Credit:Getty
ARL Commission chair Peter V'landys is aware of the incident.
Queensland government sources have also confirmed an investigation is ongoing.
The news comes just days after Tevita Pangai jnr was spotted at the opening of a barber shop which is believed to have ties to the Mongols bikie gang.
Pangai is set to be fined as much as $40,000 and has now almost certainly played his last game for the club.
Embattled coach Anthony Seibold is also currently in a COVID-19 hold after staying in Sydney following the club's loss to Souths last weekend for personal reasons.
Seibold's understandable bubble breach came after three Brisbane staff – including club legend Allan Langer – were placed in seven-day holds after attending the Caxton Hotel for Langer's birthday.
The latest potential breach has been revealed days after Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk told the Herald the future of the NRL season was in players' hands.
"I will be reminding the NRL the future of the season is in their hands. Everyone has to do the right thing," Palaszczuk said.
"Nothing is more important than protecting the health of Queenslanders."
The Broncos are set to release a statement on Wednesday afternoon.
Source: Read Full Article