It’s race day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California, and we've got all the information you need to get ready for Sunday's Auto Club 400, the third race in the NASCAR Cup Series:
START TIME: 3:30 p.m. ET (12:30 p.m. local).
GREEN FLAG: 3:46 p.m. ET. (12:46 p.m. local)
Actor David Boreanaz will instruct drivers to start their engine at 3:37 p.m. ET (12:37 p.m. local). Jimmie Johnson's wife Chandra and his daughters Genevieve and Lydia will wave the green flag.
TV: Fox. Pre-race broadcast begins at 3 p.m. ET. (Noon local).
RADIO: Motor Racing Network. STREAMING: Fox Sports Go.
RACE DISTANCE: 200 laps around the 2-mile track for a total of 400 miles.
STAGE LENGTHS (laps per stage): Stage 1: 60, Stage 2: 60, Stage 3: 80.
FAREWELL: California native Jimmie Johnson, whose six wins at Auto Club Speedway are the most by any driver in NASCAR Cup Series history, will make his final start at his hometown track before retiring from full-time racing at the end of the 2020 season.
It’s always good to go home.
Some of my favorite stories from @ACSupdates, including my first win and the time I saw my team owner make a few laps.
IN THE REARVIEW: Fontana#OneFinalTimepic.twitter.com/2TBftri2X6
Johnson will lead a five-wide salute before the race, and a tribute video will also play on the ISM Vision Screens reliving Johnson’s accomplishments at the Southern California track. On Friday, the track unveiled a mural to honor the seven-time Cup Series champion.
A fitting tribute to our seven time champion, @JimmieJohnson ?
We’re proud to unveil this mural from local artist Jonas Never to honor Jimmie’s legacy here at Auto Club Speedway #OneFinalTime | #AutoClub400pic.twitter.com/81zQyc1rN8
ANALYSIS: Can Hendrick find road back to the top of NASCAR Cup Series?
WEATHER: Cool and possibly wet. The Weather Channel is calling for temperatures in the low to mid 50s and showers for much of the afternoon, with the chance of precipitation between 35 and 40%.
LAST TIME: Kyle Busch led 134 of 200 laps in 2019 to win his fourth Cup race at Auto Club Speedway. The victory was Busch's 200th in NASCAR's top three national series (Cup, Xfinity and Trucks) and moved him into elite company with Richard Petty as the only drivers with 200 wins (though Petty earned all his victories in the Cup Series).
Cars drive five-wide prior to the start of the 2019 Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway. (Photo: Jared C. Tilton, Getty Images)
LINEUP: Clint Bowyer claimed just his fourth pole position in 508 career Cup races and his first in 20 career races at Auto Club Speedway. Bowyer edged Johnson in Saturday's qualifying.
Here is the lineup for the Auto Club 400 (car number in parentheses):
1. (14) Clint Bowyer, Ford
2. (48) Jimmie Johnson, Chevrolet
3. (88) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet
4. (1) Kurt Busch, Chevrolet
5. (4) Kevin Harvick, Ford
6. (10) Aric Almirola, Ford
7. (22) Joey Logano, Ford
8. (34) Michael McDowell, Ford
9. (42) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet
10. (47) Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Chevrolet
11. (17) Chris Buescher, Ford
12. (21) Matt DiBenedetto, Ford
13. (9) Chase Elliott, Chevrolet
14. (43) Bubba Wallace, Chevrolet
15. (2) Brad Keselowski, Ford
16. (12) Ryan Blaney, Ford
17. (18) Kyle Busch, Toyota
18. (41) Cole Custer, Ford
19. (8) Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet
20. (37) Ryan Preece, Chevrolet
21. (24) William Byron, Chevrolet
22. (95) Christopher Bell, Toyota
23. (38) John H. Nemechek, Ford
24. (13) Ty Dillon, Chevrolet
25. (3) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet
26. (32) Corey Lajoie, Ford
27. (6) Ross Chastain, Ford
28. (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota
29. (20) Erik Jones, Toyota
30. (52) JJ Yeley, Ford
31. (96) Daniel Suarez, Toyota
32. (15) Brennan Poole, Chevrolet
33. (77) Reed Sorenson, Chevrolet
34. (53) Joey Gase, Ford
35. (00) Quin Houff, Chevrolet
36. (51) Garrett Smithley, Ford
37. (66) Timmy Hill, Ford
38. (19) Martin Truex Jr, Toyota
Follow Horrow on Twitter @EllenJHorrow.
Source: Read Full Article