Dillian Whyte says he could fight in the UFC ‘no problem’ as he calls out knockout stars Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou for crossover fights
- Dillian Whyte competed in kickboxing and MMA before turning over to boxing
- The British boxer is interested in competing inside the UFC ring in the future
- He has called out heavyweights Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou
Dillian Whyte has called out two of UFC’s biggest stars to compete in a dream cross-sport matchup.
The number one contender to Tyson Fury’s WBC title has proven himself to be one of boxing’s top heavyweights in recent years and is currently on an eleven-fight win streak.
But before he turned to boxing, he was a frightening professional kickboxer with an impressive 20-1 record before turning to MMA and then boxing.
Dillian Whyte has called out UFC heavyweight giants Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou
And Whyte is interested in switching back to the MMA and having a big money-making bout with reigning UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic or powerhouse Francis N’Gannou.
Speaking at his Portugal training camp, Whyte said: ‘I would fight in the UFC, definitely, no problem.
‘Ideally I’d want to fight someone in a UFC fight and a boxing match, one of each, either way round, Dana White can hit me up anytime.
‘I would fight Stipe Miocic, you just have to keep him moving. I know he would try to take me down but I might put him to sleep before he gets the chance.
‘I’ll fight Francis N’Gannou too, he would be my ideal fight, he’s the man but he’s got no chin.’
Whyte won two British and one European kickboxing titles during his five years in the sport where he was ranked number one in the UK in his weight class.
Stipe Miocic is the reigning UFC heavyweight champion after beating Daniel Cormier last year
Francis Ngannou is number two in the UFC heavyweight rankings after three successive wins
The 31-year-old had only one the one MMA match before he switched to boxing – which he won via knockout in 12 seconds.
He has made his name in boxing where he holds a 27-1 record with his only loss coming at the hands of Anthony Joshua in December 2015.
Whyte is the number one contender to face Fury and also would have been fighting ex-world champion Alexander Povetkin on May 2 before it was called off due to Covid 19.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article