Tyson Fury is seemingly refusing to let the coronavirus outbreak affect his day-to-day life. The global pandemic has led to millions of Brits being told work from home and seen several businesses forced to temporarily shut down.
The spread of the virus has prompted the British government to urge citizens to limit their contact with people and avoid large gatherings.
But like many others, newly-crowned WBC heavyweight champion Fury, however, isn’t heeding that advice.
In fact, the ‘The Gypsy King’ recently uploaded a picture of him at a pub in his hometown of Morecambe to his Instagram on Tuesday night – which of course was St. Patrick’s Day.
The snap showed Fury, 31, standing next to a cardboard cutout of himself with a pint of Guinness in hand.
JUST IN: British boxing authorities cancel all events until April
The farmer making these outrageous allegations sent me a letter last October, full of errors and basically telling me he had committed perjury by signing statements under oath and lying
Frank Warren on the recent allegations against Tyson Fury
Fury appeared to be in good in spirts, cracking a smile alongside surging featherweight Issac Lowe.
Fury’s posting of the happy snap comes amid allegations from The Daily Mail he attempted to bribe a farmer to lie about supplying him tainted meat following his and his cousin Hughie’s positive tests for nandrolone metabolites in 2015, for which they received back-dated two bans for in December 2017.
It’s alleged Fury offered Lancashire farmer Mark Carefoot £25,000 to lie about supplying him uncastrated wild board, which he claimed led to his positive test.
Carefoot is said to have signed two witness statements to UKAD (United Kingdom Anti-Doping) confirming he supplied Tyson and Hughie with meat in the build-up to their respective bouts with Christian Hammer and Andrey Rudenko.
Mike Tyson knocked out binman for putting ‘favourite pigeon’ in bin
Tyson Fury promoter releases statement regarding boxing future
Oleksandr Usyk promises to halt Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury
An investigation into the allegation, which could see Fury banned for up to eight years, is currently ongoing.
Carefoot’s claims have been lambasted by Fury’s British promoter Frank Warren, who has dismissed them as nothing more than ‘outrageous allegations’.
“The farmer making these outrageous allegations sent me a letter last October, full of errors and basically telling me he had committed perjury by signing statements under oath and lying,” the Queensbury Promotion’s chief said.
“When I called him, he asked for money. I told him to clear off and get in contact with UKAD.
“He chose not to speak to UKAD but instead speak to a newspaper. How anybody can take this man seriously is beyond belief. Tyson has never met this man in his life. What a load of rubbish. We’ll leave this with UKAD to look into and don’t expect it to go any further.”
Fury’s next outing is expected to be a trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder, whom he defeated last month to claim the WBC crown and become a two-time heavyweight champion.
A date has yet to be finalised for the fight, although its understood the pair’s third meeting will take place in Las Vegas.
According to Fury’s American promoter Bob Arum, July 18 is the date the contest must happen by – although the outbreak of the coronavirus may result in the bout being delayed.
Source: Read Full Article