Tommy Fury branded ‘a wasteman’ after latest fight falls through

Fury v Whyte: Tommy Fury wins on undercard

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Harley Benn, the son of former two weight world champion Nigel Benn and the brother of welterweight prospect Conor Benn, has branded Tommy Fury a “wasteman” after claiming the former Love Island contestant pulled out of a fight between the two because he “got scared”.

Benn is 9-1 in his professional career, while Fury is 8-0 and the pair were apparently in talks over a bout on the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather v Deji exhibition bout in Dubai on November 13.

However, Benn claims that Fury ‘changed his mind and got scared’ in a post on his Instagram story. “Hope you’re all having a nice Sunday evening,” Benn wrote.

“Just a quick message to say Tommy Fury, you are a confirmed wasteman. That’s the second time I’ve accepted putting on a stone-and-a-half to fight you (me going up to light-heavyweight) and the second time you’ve changed your mind and got scared. But we move, a good undefeated prospect confirmed for Dubai November 13.”

JUST IN: Tyson admits rare nerve condition after being spotted in wheelchair

Global titans Fight Series, who are staging the event, remain keen to have Fury on the card and he has instead been linked with a fight against former UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley.

Fury has not fought since earning a decision win over Daniel Bocianski on the undercard of his brother Tyson’s successful world heavyweight title defence against Dillian Whyte back in April.

He was set to fight YouTuber Jake Paul earlier this year, but the bout was cancelled after Fury was denied entry to the United States. It was the second time a fight between Fury and Paul had fallen through, with Fury pulling out of their first bout in December last year due to a chest infection and a broken rib.

DON’T MISS
Jake Paul ranked as second-best influencer boxer behind TikTok star
Wilder trainer calls out Joshua ‘blasphemy’ ahead of Fury fight
Joshua told to take fight ‘like World War Three’ instead of Fury

Woodley stepped up for a short notice rematch against Paul instead, having lost their first fight by split decision in August. However, Woodley was savagely knocked out in the sixth round by Paul and has not fought since.

The 40-year-old is said be in talks over a fight with Fury in November, although the Mirror report that negotiations are not going well and the bout is far from a done deal.

Source: Read Full Article