Jake Paul mocks Conor McGregor after Irishman quits v Poirier
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Jake Paul has taken his latest shot at Floyd Mayweather, referring to the boxing legend as an ‘old man’ before claiming that he only wants to do “real” fights from now on. Mayweather fought against Paul’s older brother Logan in June in an exhibition bout.
Paul posted a ‘hit list’ on his social media at the weekend, including names such as Conor McGregor, Canelo Alvarez and KSI.
The list unsurprisingly provoked a lot of discussion online, but some were quick to point out that there was a glaring omission on the list in Mayweather.
Paul explained the absence of the 15-time world champion when asked by USA Sports Today. The Youtuber said: “That’s a good question.
“He, I think realized with fighting my brother, that we’re not to be messed with. He said he would only fight me if I cut down to 154 pounds, which is physically impossible. And he don’t want that smoke, man.’’
Paul was also keen to point out that he had no intention of singling out Mayweather for a future duel, and that the 44-year-old had more need for the contest than he did as he looks to continue his odyssey as a professional boxer.
JUST IN: Lewis Hamilton told Valtteri Bottas ‘directly’ what Mercedes should do
Paul added: “If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.
“But right now my focus is doing real, professional fights. I’m not trying to do any exhibitions.
“So if he wants to do a real pro fight at a real weight, I’m down. But I don’t want to do money fights with an old guy. He needs me more than I need him.’’
Paul and Mayweather were involved in a heated scrap during the build-up to elder brother Logan’s fight. Paul stole Mayweather’s hat from his head, sparking a mass brawl which eventually saw him banned from the event.
Anthony Joshua ‘doing fine’ as he prepares for Oleksandr Usyk fight
Haye ‘coming out of retirement’ to fight nightclub owner in exhibition
How to live longer: The sports that boost longevity by 25% – study
The exhibition with Logan was deemed a success for the public and indeed the social media star, who many thought would be knocked out by the undefeated lightweight.
Jake Paul fights UFC star Tyron Woodley on August 29 in Cleveland, Ohio. Woodley has not won a UFC bout in over three years, but will be looking to stop Paul’s three-fight winning streak.
So far as a professional Paul has fought fellow Youtube AnEsonGib, ex-NBA player Nate Robinson and Woodley’s fellow UFC star Ben Askren, escaping each fight relatively unscathed and with only the Robinson bout going beyond the first round.
Woodley is likely to be a tougher match-up for Paul, and has been backed by many to end Paul’s career in the sport.
Jorge Masvidal and Dana White have both suggested that Woodley could win in brutal fashion, with the former saying that Woodley would “knock [Paul] the f*** out.”
On the other hand, many of Paul’s previous rivals have suggested that the 24-year-old may continue to surprise the fighting world.
KSI said of the bout: ““Jake Paul’s going to win.
“He’s going to absolutely destroy – absolutely destroy Tyron Woodley. I haven’t wanted him to win for years and he keeps winning.
“So, at this point, it’s like, ‘Do your thing. Yeah. Do your thing. You’re in your element. You’re in your moment’.”
Source: Read Full Article