The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Jake Paul will make his return to the ring against ex-UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley on August 23, the YouTuber has confirmed.
Paul, 23, is 3-0 since taking up boxing, beating a colourful array of characters along the way.
The American made his debut against fellow YouTuber AnEsonGib in January 2020, knocking out his opponent in the first round.
He then stopped former NBA star Nate Robinson inside two rounds before knocking out UFC legend Ben Askren in just 119 seconds earlier this year.
Paul must be getting a taste for MMA stars, because his next fight will be against another UFC champion in Woodley, who is 15 years his senior.
Announcing the bout on Twitter, Paul said: “Dear, @TWooodley thanks for being the second MMA fighter on my hit list.
“August 28th the 5x UFC champion is getting knocked out by a Disney actor.”
Woodley, also known as The Chosen One, is a former welterweight champion but appears long past his best having lost his last four fights in a row.
Despite Woodley’s underwhelming recent record, Paul believes the 39-year-old represents his toughest fight yet.
He said: “I have a list of people I plan on knocking out and as I enter my fourth pro fight, I am excited to cross the first one off the list by challenging myself against Woodley, a five-time UFC champion known for his knockout power.
“Tyron ran his mouth a little too much in the locker room when I knocked out his best friend Ben and earned himself a top spot on [my list].
Top trending sport stories right now
“Tyron's a seasoned striker who has fought the best MMA fighters in the world but will be dropped by a Disney teen star in two rounds.
“Maybe this time [UFC president] Dana White will actually be a man of his word and put his money on his former champion instead of trying to undermine my success.
“Influencer vs MMA….let's get it on.”
READ MORE:Inside story of Lampard, Ferdinand and Dyer's Ayia Napa sex tape scandal after Euro 2000 snub
READ MORE:Next Everton manager: Five names that could replace Carlo Ancelotti upon Real Madrid return
- Jake Paul
Source: Read Full Article