Conor McGregor BLASTS Dustin Poirier in x-rated Twitter tirade

Conor McGregor BLASTS Dustin Poirier in x-rated Twitter tirade and rubbishes lightweight rival’s boxing credentials after American hit out at Irishman’s ‘insecurity’ over takedown strategy ahead of UFC 264

  • Conor McGregor has taken to Twitter to slam Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 264
  • The lightweight rivals, both 32, are set to meet for a third time in Las Vegas 
  • Poirier defeated McGregor on Fight Island in January with a knockout win
  • The American blasted McGregor’s ‘insecurity’ over Poirier’s takedown strategy
  • McGregor has hit back, rubbishing Poirier’s claim as the UFC’s best boxer 

Conor McGregor has launched another Twitter tirade at rival Dustin Poirier as the UFC superstar rubbished the Diamond’s claim as the sport’s best boxer ahead of their grudge UFC 264 trilogy fight.

McGregor, 32, and Poirier, also 32, meet for a third time in Las Vegas next weekend as the Irishman bids to avenge his Fight Island defeat to the American, in which he suffered his first defeat by knockout. 

The lightweight rivals are split at a win apiece over each other, and McGregor enters the Sin City showdown in need of a win if he is to return to the summit of the 155-pound division.

Conor McGregor has launched another Twitter tirade at Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 264

The Irishman, 32, was handed a surprise defeat by his lightweight rival at UFC 257 in January

Two weeks ago, McGregor blasted the Louisianan for landing a takedown in their UFC 257 bout, saying: ‘the first one to shoot is a dusty b****’, referring to Poirier’s successful takedown in January. 

Poirier sat down with Stateside media this week to look ahead to the UFC 264 main event and responded to McGregor’s jibe.

‘He just said something, ‘the first one to shoot is a dusty b****’, isn’t he the one that’s always preaching about the flow, the full martial arts, no holds barred, the ultimate fighting,’ Poirier told ESPN. 

The pair meet again in Las Vegas next weekend but the rivalry has been far from amicable

McGregor was irked by Poirier’s remark that he is ‘insecure’ about his takedown strategy

‘How about the first one to get taken down is a dusty b****? This is mixed martial arts, put it all together. It reeks of insecurity.’ 

Poirier’s latest comments have irked McGregor, who took to Twitter to slam his American rival.

‘Best boxer, my a**!’ McGregor said, in relation to Poirier’s claim he is the best boxer in the UFC. ‘Shooting a**, shelling a** b****.

‘Quick take for you and your team pal – You got pucked around in the clinch! Elbows, knees, shoulders, fists.

‘Looking outside the cage for advice.

Poirier surprised McGregor with an early takedown in their UFC 257 clash earlier this year

The Irishman needs a win to get his lightweight title pursuit back up and running again 

‘3 fights against me for any man is an early grave. God bless.’ 

McGregor and Poirier’s come into UFC 264 on far worse terms than on show on Fight Island. The lightweight rivals were full of platitudes for one another, with the Irishman pledging to support Poirier’s foundation.

However, an explosive row over the $500,000 charity donation has seen the duo come to blows on social media, and the July 10 bout has an extra edge as a result. 

The winner of the UFC 264 main event is likely to challenge Charles Oliveira’s lightweight championship, after the Brazilian won the title vacated by Khabib Nurmagomedov in May.  




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article