Anthony Joshua’s £200million showdown with Tyson Fury is set to take place on either June 26 or July 3.
Fury’s co-promoter Bob Arum claims terms have been agreed between the two fighters and they are now finalising a date.
Saudi Arabia is favourite to host this historic all-British clash for the undisputed world heavyweight title in late June or early July.
Joshua and Fury have agreed to a 50-50 purse split for the first of their two planned showdowns and Arum says the fight contract should be signed "very shortly".
The Top Rank chief told Mirror Fighting : "We're nearly there. As far as I can ascertain, there are no issues separating the two sides. There has been consensus agreement in all issues.
"We hope very shortly that the fight will be signed. Then we will pick the site and we’ll be up and running.
"I'm looking towards late June or early July for the actual fight to take place."
The Saudis are prepared to offer Joshua and Fury $100million or £72m apiece and each fighter could earn over £100m when the broadcast rights are added to the pot.
Joshua holds the WBA, IBF and WBO tiles and Fury the WBC and Ring magazine crowns and the winner will be the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis in 1999.
Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn last month revealed only minor issues were left to agree, including whose name would be printed first on the poster and who would walk to the ring first.
But with those creases ironed out, an announcement is expected imminently.
Saudi Arabia is one of a number of countries interested in hosting the fight but its ability to offer a huge site fee has put it in pole position.
Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, America and China are also keen but Wembley has been ruled out despite the improving coronavirus situation in the UK.
Source: Read Full Article